- 1992 – 1995: MSc, Lanzhou University, China
- 1995 – 1998: Ph.D with Prof. Min-Yu Tan, Lanzhou University, China
- 1999 – 2000: Humboldt post-doctoral fellow with Prof. Michael Schmittel, Siegen University, Germany
- 2000 – 2004: Post-doctoral fellow with Prof. Silvio Decurtins, Bern University
- 2004 – 2015: Senior research assistant with Prof. Silvio Decurtins, Bern University
- 2014: Professeur Invité position, Angers University, France
- 2016: Visiting Professor, Trinity College Dublin, Irland
- 2015 – 2017: Senior research assistant with Prof. Martin Albrecht, Bern University
- Since September 2017: Lecturer and Senior research assistant with Prof. Robert Häner, Bern University
- Preparation and characterisation of large π-conjugated multichromophoric donor-acceptor (D–A) ensembles that show multifunctional properties such as magnetism, electric conductivity and optical properties in a synergistic way.
- Synthesis and design of appropriately functionalized molecules that can be embedded in a controlled way either between two electrodes or on the metal surface via a bottom-up assembly or by chemical tuning.
Error: The read operation timed out